Problem installing iDVD application from OS X DVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is in the right place, as I'm talking about the OS installation DVDs here... I'm having a problem trying to install iDVD. I accidentally managed to delete it a couple of weeks ago, and am just getting around to reinstalling it. Or attempting to, rather.

I've tried a few times and the installer just keeps asking me to insert disc 2, even when disc 2 is already in. It then either spits the DVD back out or just doesn't respond at all. Both installation DVDs are squeaky clean and there is nothing else wrong with my MBP as far as I know.

Anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? Or how else I can get iDVD back?

Cheers!

OP
stevo-m
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.