Converting a pdf to Office Excel

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Just wondering if there is an easy way to convert a pdf that is all text into an Excel Spreadsheet?

I am running Leopard and Office Mac 2008.

Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
is the text in tables?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Select the text (using the Text tool in Preview) then copy it, and paste it into Excel. (If the PDF is a scanned document, you won't be able to select the text unless/until it has been OCR'ed)

Use the Text to Columns tool (Data > Text to Columns) to break the text up once you've got it into Excel

OP
M
Reaction score
The text is in columns and when I copy it to excel, it copies all into one column and wont separate out when I use the text to columns function.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Okay, I confess that I'm posting this having never used the OSX version of MS Office, but in the Windoze version, when you have a bunch of text to paste in, it gives you the option of "plain text" or "unicode text" -- does the OSX version do this as well? I'm guessing if it does you already tried, but see how each one works for you...that might be the key to getting the stuff to paste properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.