Pocket Mac Issues

Reaction score
I have a Mac Book Pro and OS X version 10.5.6

I get the following error message when I try to launch Pocket Mac, "The application PocketMac SyncManager quit unexpectedly". I have tried to delete PocketMac and reinstall and I get the same error message. I have also downloaded it again and reinstalled and I still get the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I have a Mac Book Pro and OS X version 10.5.6

I get the following error message when I try to launch Pocket Mac, "The application PocketMac SyncManager quit unexpectedly". I have tried to delete PocketMac and reinstall and I get the same error message. I have also downloaded it again and reinstalled and I still get the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Same thing here. I did exactly what you did and got the same result. A search of this thread came up with nothing so I uninstalled it.

In another forum not related to Mac we got to talking about Mac and somebody said "Pocket Mac" and did a roll eyes. Now I understand why. It's useless.

Reaction score
I Found Part Of The Answer!!!!!

Well, I got the problem with the crashing called. For the OP, just run disk utilities and clean your preferences. That will keep it from crashing.

However I can't seem to get it to recognize my device! I plug in the USB cord and it powers my Blackberry but the software can't find it.

Google is your friend!

Reaction score
And in the End

OK, so here's how it went down. Pocket Mac IMHO is useless. I could not get it to work.

Everyone seems so in love with "The Missing Sync" I shelled out the 40 bucks no questions asked. Based upon all you wonderful people raving about how great and simple it was.

Well, it's not great, nor is it simple and it was a big waste of my money. Since I do everything through Google, it synced my Calendar with my Blackberry Storm, and synced iCal as well. Now iCal doesn't speak to Blackberry but it speaks to Google so in the end it's all the same.

Cost: $0.00

I had already synced my email with google using blackberry so that was another problem taken care of, however I synced it with google as well so all my contacts would carry over.

Now I'm really a bit on the angry side because hey, man, I just spent $40.00. And will it at least sync my iTunes? Nope! I use my best friend, Google and read an interesting article about Blackberry Media Sync. It's free from Blackberry and the main difference between this and Pocket Mac is it works.

I suppose if you have Lotus Notes and stuff like that then The Missing Sync might be worth it, but I just want to let people know that if you have a Blackberry Storm and you have a simple set up like I do, you can sync your i-Tunes, email, and calendar and it won't cost you a dime. Now I'm just "Missing" the "Sync" of 40 bucks from my bank account.

Want links? Do what I did. Google is your friend. Just type in the names I gave you, that's less then what I had to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.