Help with custom resolution and size of desktop.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm P.J. and I'm currently running an 8 Core Mac Pro with Leopard (10.5.6). I got a great deal on a Sharp LC-32DH12U LCD Monitor (1366x768 res.) and can only get a max resolution of 1280x768.

The problem at hand is, I purchased the monitor not because of quality of image, but for how much I could fit on the screen, as I do work with audio software like Pro Tools and Logic Pro.

I tried running SwitchResX but I'm having more trouble figuring out the settings to use than anything, and I'm pretty sure I got it to 1360x768 at one point, but still, its not the small size that I was hoping.

My question would be, is there anyway to shrink the size of items on the desktop and application windows any other way? I don't mind sacrificing picture quality, as I just want to be able to fit more of the screen at once.

Any help would be amazing, thank you.

P.J.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.