Keyboard shortcuts wireless keyboard

Reaction score
Hope someone can help me with this. It makes no sense to me. I just purchased a new wireless keyboard for my imac. It is the official mac one. But the shortcut keys are not what they should be. Ie the volume keys activate spaces etc. I simply cant change them. For some reason on system preferences/Keyboard and Mouse/Keyboard Shortcuts/ there is no option to add an increase volume shortcut.
So I am stuck here.
Any advice would be welcome. The frustrating thing is that the F Keys do something completely different with my wired keyboard. They work as they are supposed to do. That seems to suggest that there is an issue with the keyboard itself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB
Hope someone can help me with this. It makes no sense to me. I just purchased a new wireless keyboard for my imac. It is the official mac one. But the shortcut keys are not what they should be. Ie the volume keys activate spaces etc. I simply cant change them. For some reason on system preferences/Keyboard and Mouse/Keyboard Shortcuts/ there is no option to add an increase volume shortcut.

Go to System Preferences/Keyboard and Mouse/Keyboard and make sure that you've checked off Use F1, F2, etc. as standard function keys. I think that should help...

Ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5, PowerBook G4, iPhone 3G 16Gb
In case anyone stumbles apon this looking for an answer...

I just had the same problem when I purchased the new wireless keyboard.

Turns out all I had to do was check for updates. Once you've paired with the keyboard a new update should come up for the new layout of keyboard.

Should work...give it a try!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.