Useless programs in 10.5.5?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo. 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Trying to make my system as sleek as possible. I know the machine does a good enough job at keeping herself clean yet anyone have some good insights into getting rid of some of the useless programs or apps that aren't so easy to locate?

I want to run as light as possible.

Thanks,

Beastcloud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Programs are useless only if you don't use them. If you find that you aren't using a certain program, get rid of it. If you're unsure as to whether or not you're using something, then leave it until you are more certain.

It should be noted that applications don't really take up much space. The vast majority of the hard drive space is taken up by the operating system itself. There isn't much you can remove from the OS X installation to make it run any sleeker. You're better off by running maintenance programs on a regular basis than simply going around and deleting things that are going to result more likely in a negative effect than a positive one.

OP
Beastcloud
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo. 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Thanks Kash. I heard there isn't much you can get rid of, just making sure.

Reaction score
I had heard that you can get rid of a lot of the driver files for extra hardware.....as long as you are not planning to add ne hardware.

Same goes for language packs, unused fonts etc......

The above was what I have readin an Apple mag from the last couple of months, but sorry cant tell you more than that, I do not even have my Mac yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.