windows xp on imac?

Reaction score
hi im new to the forums...i just bought an imac last summer and i installed windows xp on it and i had had a friend go and buy starcraft (windows version) for me and i wanted to kno if the display and graphics would look stretched or will it be alright to play online?? any thoughts? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53GHz Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 9400M+9600M GT 512MB, 250GB 7200RPM HD
I'm sure it will be just fine. I know that it runs great on the last gen macbook pros, I haven't tried it on mine yet though. You'll be able to play online also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 2.93Ghz i7 iMac 16GB, 15" 2.66 Ghz i7 MBP 8GB, 2.13Ghz MBA 4GB, iPhone4 32GB, iPad3G 32GB
Here is an FYI:

To be able to play Mac version (even with PC disk)...

Goto Blizzard Store

Register for an account, Link to Registration, or click register in the top right of the above page.

After you register, click "Account" in the upper right and the click on "Games", you will receive a verification email, after you verify, you then come back and click on "Games" again.

Click "Add New Game", enter in your Starcraft CD-key. After doing so, Starcraft will be added to the games on your account. You can then come back to "Games" and click the Mac (or Windows) download link, your CD-Key is also always saved here. This download is also a NO-CD straight from Blizzard. Meaning you never need your CD again.

This can be done for all Blizzard games, I have Starcraft, Broodwar, Warcraft 3 ROC and FT, and Diablo II and Expac all on there. I can download the PC version for my desktop or the Mac version for my MBP.

Kinda long, and might be hard to follow, sorry.

OP
J
Reaction score
Here is an FYI:

To be able to play Mac version (even with PC disk)...

Goto Blizzard Store

Register for an account, Link to Registration, or click register in the top right of the above page.

After you register, click "Account" in the upper right and the click on "Games", you will receive a verification email, after you verify, you then come back and click on "Games" again.

Click "Add New Game", enter in your Starcraft CD-key. After doing so, Starcraft will be added to the games on your account. You can then come back to "Games" and click the Mac (or Windows) download link, your CD-Key is also always saved here. This download is also a NO-CD straight from Blizzard. Meaning you never need your CD again.

This can be done for all Blizzard games, I have Starcraft, Broodwar, Warcraft 3 ROC and FT, and Diablo II and Expac all on there. I can download the PC version for my desktop or the Mac version for my MBP.

Kinda long, and might be hard to follow, sorry.

no its fine but ur are saying that i can download the mac and windows versions as much as i want?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 2.93Ghz i7 iMac 16GB, 15" 2.66 Ghz i7 MBP 8GB, 2.13Ghz MBA 4GB, iPhone4 32GB, iPad3G 32GB
Yes, I have downloaded all of my games many many times. For my Macbook Pro (in both Mac OS X and Windows XP and then in Windows 7), on my destkop (in Vista and in Windows 7), on my wife's laptop (we then bought her the game so she could have her own CDKey for battle.net)

You can download and install as many times as you want, only one installation can be on battle.net at a time, unless you buy more cd-keys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.