G5 trouble

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new here so please bare with me. I have an original imac G5 and it won't power on all the time. At first I thought it was the screen but yesterday I was able to power it on with no problem and the screen looked fine. Today, however, is a different story. It went back to not booting up all the way. I get to the grey apple logo screen with the spinning wheel and the whell freezes and it's different colors(the spinning wheel). Maybe logic board? I have no clue! Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.:Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac g5 (late '05) 17", 1.8ghz, 1.5gb, 250gb, combo.
Hi, It could be a logic board problem, but also could sound like a hard drive problem, does it always boot at least to a grey screen?

OP
M
Reaction score
sometimes it boots all the way. Yesterday i was even able to do a few updates. Today, nothing past the grey screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Sounds like a failing hard drive. Take it to an apple store and see if they can run a disk warrior hard disk check for you, they usually can do this fairly quick. Make an appointment online for the mac genius bar at your local store before going.

Newegg is where I got my replacement. Diskwarrior's check failed at the apple store and the genius bar associate told me the hard disk was unreadable.

Make sure to make a complete backup of your data the next time you can get on the computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.