Parallels Desktop 4.0 startup problem

Reaction score
Hey guys, I installed Parallels Desktop 4.0 on my Mac, I installed Windows xp Professional. It works perfectly, but every time I shut down my Mac after turning it on the next time there is always that white screen for a few seconds, if you don't press anything it runs the Windows xp black screen and asks to insert CD or something like that. I know that I have to press the alt button and select the Macintosh HD partition (only one).

My questions is: how can I make it so it runs automatically on the Macintosh Partition without having to select the partition? (how it normally started up)

I hope anyone knows how to do it, and hope it's very easy, because I'm not a real technician. I would appreciate your help, because I like my Mac to run smoothly.

Thanks,

Max

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
System Preferences, Startup Disk. Select your Macintosh HD as the default.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.