Loss of printer after Fast User Switching?

M

mac_newbie

Hello,
I have an iMac with OS X 10.3.7 and an HP OfficeJet G55.
Whenever I do a fast user switch between accounts on the iMac I lose the ability to print. I looked all over the web, but can't find any reference to this problem on either Apple's or HP's web site. Does anyone know how to fix this???

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
when you set up the printer, did you make it the default for all accounts? try opening printer setup utility in another account and see if it shows up. if so, you may have to reset it up for each account.

OP
M

mac_newbie

Unfortunately that didn't seem to work. I only have the 1 printer, so it was already the default for both accounts. (I went ahead and clicked "Make default" for it anyway just to be sure.) But when I re-tested it afterwards it came back with:

Opening Printer Connection Failed: Unable to open the printer connection. Please check your printer connections and check for printer errors.

(with the choices) Delete job, stop all jobs, stop job

any other ideas greatly appreciated!!! (This problem is so inconvenient!)

Macman said:
when you set up the printer, did you make it the default for all accounts? try opening printer setup utility in another account and see if it shows up. if so, you may have to reset it up for each account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.