Leopard 10.6, Blackberry Storm, iSync, Questions, I've Got Questions

Reaction score
I'm getting a Blackberry Storm, basically because I'm locked in with Verizon and it's cheaper then an iPhone.

Can I sync my Mac to this device? I know I can sync my gmail, so I'll get my calendar that way too, but can will the Mac recognize Blackberry?

Also one other question: What the heck is the iSynch plug in? If it's complicated don't worry about it, but my wife knows Unix real well and we both just found out the other day that Mac is Unix based:Blushing:. Thanks in advance, I'm still new to my Mac and still finding things on it I didn't know existed!

Any cool tips on syncing would be appreciated.

OP
H
Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of suspected this. One of the reasons I went with Blackberry besides the contract was I use gmail and I can sync my calendar and email that way. Since gmail does sync with iCalendar that is covered as well.

I really don't have a need for that software, I see where somebody might if you wanted to download your iTunes but I don't see myself using the blackberry for playing music. Primarily it's for checking email, internet at my fingertips and phone.

I'm still curious about that iSync plug in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
You can use PocketMac (from Blackberry) to sync. I use it to sync my contacts and calendar from my Mac. It is not a perfect solution, but when it works right, it is great.

For mail and gmail, I just used the email setup assistant (on my Curve, shoyuld be the same on the Storm) and set up both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.