Macbook 13,3" alu unibody owners happy?

Gul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody 13,3" MacBook 2.4GHz/2GB Ram/250GB HD
Hi everybody,
I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I have been with Windows and PC for a long time and each time when had a chance to change my laptop would look ath the Macs and again go back tp PC.

Maybe could not find a reason to pay nearly double price, or maybe scared to start a new OS.

Lately I see a lot of people getting into the new 2008 alu models. I am in the market after one.

I like the looks and the size of the Macbook 13,3 inches. Not sure if the screen would be to small at the long run.

Would like opinions if you are really happy or would have been better to check a higher model or bigger screen?

I would use it for mail,web,word, excel and photography (amateur use)

Thanks,

Gul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2GHz Intel Core Duo
I'd go for a 15 inch one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac
I love mine.

I used to go back and forth with the ole screen too small dilemma. I just decided to buy the MacBook, and see how I like it in day to day use. I ended up keeping it and I love it still.

The fonts are not hard to read, the screen seems to be just right. I don't think I strain at all to use this notebook.

Buy it, check it out for a week or so... and if its not for you, you can exchange/upgrade it for the Pro.

dtx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum MB, 2.0, 2gb ram, 320gb hdd
i couldn't be happier with my 13" MB.

Reaction score
Happy with MacBook

I have a Mac Book that I purchased in the beginning of my Freshman year (last year) and I absolutely love it. I have had no problems with it, it is fast and very easy to use. I love the availability of free programs to tinker with and I find myself having more fun with it every time I use it. When I stared using it, after switching from windows, I though maybe I had made a mistake. About a week later, after I figured out some tips and tricks I loved it. I enjoy the smaller size for taking it back and forth to class. For the price you pay, you get alot. I have loved the i Life programs such as iMovie, and have never regretted buying the Mac Book.
Just my thoughts :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
Love my AluMacBook. Wouldnt trade it for anything else right now. I think a 13 inch screen is very adequate. I wouldnt mind a smaller one but this one will do. I would reccommend a MacBook to anybody. Give it a shot... Whats there to lose? If you dont like it, just put Windows on it.

Reaction score
I was in the exact same boat and I bought the 13.3 inch alumimac and really like it. I dont think it is too small for me and my eyes it is a great szie. My biggest concern was the size of the screen but it has worked fine and I love the small form factor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I love my Aluminum MacBook. I started with a Black MacBook, then bought a 1st gen Air, and finally got rid of them both and bought the 2.4 Unibody.

Love it, and no regrets at all.

Reaction score
I am satisfied with my 13" alu macbook, perfect size of display, exactly fit for what i need

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See "Signature".
Other than showing up with two dents in the bottom logic board cover (which Apple had me ship back for a replacement), I'm very happy with it.

OP
G

Gul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok guys,
Made up my mind and got the Macbook with me now 13,3" 2.4 model alum.

Looks great!

I will have many questions to ask as its my first Mac.

Thank you very much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
Glad you went ahead with it. You wont be disappointed.

Reaction score
I love my alum 13in macbook also

I just switched to mac too and love it. I have vmware for windows because of my ppc cell phone, but only use it when I need to hack my phone. the new computer runs great and I had it upgraded to 4gbs of ram and 500gb hard drive. I even got to use my old hard drive in my ps3 (sweet). I am learning all of the shortcuts and sidebar is my new best friend. enjoy your new macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Unibody
Got my unibody macbook a week before christmas and i absolutely love it. I'm a college student so i bring the macbook with me all the time. its a perfect size not too big not too small. I also have vmware fusion so i can have the best of both worlds.

OP
G

Gul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for your replies.:Oops:

I see some of you use fusion, paralell and some bootcamp for also having Windows XP.

Here I am confused what do you suggest?

Gul

Reaction score
Macbook Alu 2.4ghz

Hi all,

The macbook in my eyes are the mile stone in technology, it may not have bluray... well.. that's it :) Immediately when you touch the macbook you can feel the solidly built aluminium uni body, with decent specification.

As soon as I had the macbook on my hands I swapped out the 250gb HDD and replaced it with a western digital blue 500gb :D.. not long after, I boosted the two Gb to four gb's of ddr III ram.

I can run windows via bootcamp and vmware, on windows I tend to run games like, NFS Undercover, GTA IV, COD Modern Warfare, San Andreas etc.

Purchase of the year!

Dr.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See "Signature".
It took me almost two weeks to figure out that by taking all four fingers and moving them downward on the new track pad, it activates expose.

Oi vey. I should read more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Aluminum Macbook, 2.0 Ghz, 2GB ram, 160GB hard drive.
I'm quite satisfied with mine. Leopard is so smooth and more user-friendly. The only problem is today I pickup my 13" aluminum Macbook and there are a few small but deep scratches in the aluminum. Oh wow I was ******. My girlfriend was making fun of me because I cared so much. Just be careful and always put it in a case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.