small IMovie question about text

Reaction score
The Mac IMovie tutorials don't seem to cover this, so here goes.

I can put a title on my vacation video, but how do I add text (think subtitles) after that? I tried to use the "Title" icon again, but it only allows one title per video. I am sure you can add on-screen text throughout, just having a hard time figuring out how. Has anybody done this and can tell me how??

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB OWC Mercury Elite Pro external HD 80GB iPod Classic
I believe you should be able to use the title function to insert text where ever you want into the movie. Just pick the title format that suits you, drag and drop it into the frames you want the text in. You can adjust what frames you want the text to be in by just dragging each end of the title bar.

OP
ghostcinderella
Reaction score
I believe you should be able to use the title function to insert text where ever you want into the movie. Just pick the title format that suits you, drag and drop it into the frames you want the text in. You can adjust what frames you want the text to be in by just dragging each end of the title bar.

I tried that. But after I lay in a title at the beginning and try to use the title feature again elsewhere, the icon i drag over just zaps back into the title library. No go. And the Mac imovie on-line tutorial on the Apple site features an edition of imovie I don't have on my brand new Mac. Ughhhh... puuulease Steve!! Throw me a bone!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.