stop unzipping!

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am having trouble with some downloads from a website-modification site. The files are supposed to download zipped and then I upload them to my website where the forum software unzips it. The problem is that my mac automatically unzips the files when I download them. Does this seem right?

When I'm on my work PC I can download the files and it is very clear that they are zipped and ready to be uploaded.

The reason they need to remain zipped is because my forum software won't allow me to upload .xml files and almost all of the files that I need to upload are .xml.

Some might suggest that I simply download the files strait to my site. Well, for some strange reason that is another thing that my mac won't let me do (or at least I don't know how to make it do that)

I would love it if someone would tell me where I can look for whatever zip software shipped with my MBP '17. Or what I might do to find it.

Thank you and I hope I was able to make this clear. It doesn't appear that way though...lol

-razz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13"/2.0Ghz/4GB/80GB/White Macbook
thats safari, under preferences > general, uncheck []Open safe files after downloading...

you'll notice once you download a .zip the actual .zip file (if auto-open is on) will end up in the trash

OP
RazzLee
Reaction score
thats safari, under preferences > general, uncheck []Open safe files after downloading...

you'll notice once you download a .zip the actual .zip file (if auto-open is on) will end up in the trash

Thank you so much davidsword! +1 karma for you! I hope you have a GREAT 2009 :D

-razz

Reaction score

Do you know of anyway to make it still unzip, but not trash. I wish it would still Open my files (PDF, Zip, etc), but often I've got files where I need the unzipped version and I have to hunt it out of the bin!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.