Need some help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini. 2.0Ghz. 1GB RAM.120GB harddrive.
Okay so me and my buddy are working on our website, We have the domain name, and we just got webhosting through fatcow

when i sign in to edit, it has an option for ftp. Thats what i would be using so i can upload my iweb site, correct?

And im working on the site right now, with iweb. And i cant figure out how to put a paypal button on my iweb site, if anyone could help i would appreciate it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
FTP is a pretty good way to upload web sites -- that's how I usually do it.

As for how to add a PayPal button, have you tried the "Create Button" tools in the "Merchant Services" link on paypal.com?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini. 2.0Ghz. 1GB RAM.120GB harddrive.
Okay that worked thank you, i just gave in and used mobile me.

Um now my question is, Can i make changes from another computer to my website? Or do i have to use the computer i uploaded it with?

And say for whatever reason my computer breaks, or is un-usable.. what do i do to manage my website?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
In general, no, you don't have to have the same computer to edit it. I don't know if iWeb is different in some fashion though. Generally on a new computer, you'd simply FTP in, download your site so you can work on it, then upload the changes. The biggest problem is remembering to then download any changes you make on your original computer so you don't accidentally overwrite them with an old page.

Same for if your computer breaks. Simply download the pages again. If you are concerned however, you should be making backups of your work. Save them to another computer or a USB thumb drive. That way you have two local copies and your remote copy on the website.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.