cannot write to external hdd

Reaction score
hello,,,,,i'm having a bit of a problem....i can't seem to write to an external hdd...i can read and copy but cannot write to it...thnx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
is it formatted from a windows machine as NTFS?

If so there are 2 free solutions plus a commercial one (see which works)

Try this one first

macfuse - Google Code

OP
S
Reaction score
thnx

thank you for the quick response will download it and see if it wrks...the external hdd i'm using is mac compatible and it used to wrk fine before...and also if i try to copy anything in the flash drive it keeps telling me that the flash drive is full when there's nothing wrong with it..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Flash drives are a bit fussy when it comes to clearing out items. It is necessary to drag the contents to the trash and then empty trash before disconnecting otherwise it is still stored on the drive.

Formatting could be the problem with both the external and flash drives. The external no doubt is Mac compatible but as louishen suggests, PC formatting it to NTFS does require reformatting with MacFuse or a similar program.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.