Need help with NTSF External HD

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new here, and new to Mac's as well.

I just bought an iMac from a buddy to make my iPod management much easier. It is the G3 egg-shaped model from several years back. I have all of my music on a Maxtor 120GB NTSF formatted external HD. When I first bought the Mac, I plugged in the hard drive via USB, and everything pulled up right away, and I started to play with my new Mac! Being a PC user for so long, I didn't think it would be a big deal unplugging the USB from the Mac, so I did. I tried to plug it back in, and it reads that the same amount of space is used, but says "0 files", and I can't seem to figure it out. My buddy that only uses Macs told me to do the "Verify Drive" option, but it is blanked out, and I can't click it.
PLEASE HELP!
I have spent the last 12 hours trying to figure this out, and I am ready to pull my hair out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Could you tell us what version of OS X that G3 is running (or is it OS 9)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
One solution is to unmount the drive (drag it to the trash) and use Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities) to remount the drive

Otherwise you can add proper read write support for the drive here

NTFS-3G for Mac OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
Annother option is to use NTFS for Mac by Paragon which was recommend by someone on here (and if I ever met them I will buy them a beer). It does much the same as NTFS-3g but I couldn't get that to work for the life of me so paid the $40 to get that and have had no problems at all.

OP
T
Reaction score
Well, I tried both solutions, however neither is working. Just to be clear, the hard drive still works great on my PC, it only stopped working on the Mac. And it did work until I unplugged the USB cord. Here are a few screen shots for clarification. I need help!

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.