Keyboard and Trackpad wont work after RAW update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
I just did the most recent Camera Compatibility update to my late 2008 MacBook and after the restart, my keyboard and trackpad dont respond at all.

So far, I have tried doing a PRAM reset and plugging it into AC. Nothing helps right now. The cursor blinks on the screen, the keyboard lights up, the caps lock key doesnt light up when pressed... I dont know what to do right now.

I tried plugging in a USB mouse and that didnt do anything. I dont have a USB keyboard to try...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
So, this is what happened. During the update, my USB driver was overwritten and the keyboard/trackpad/USB ports didnt work. I would ussume this means that the keyboard and trackpad are operating on USB.

I took my boot DVD and through the boot DVD my hardware worked correctly so at that point I saw there was no hardware fault, it was just software.

I updated permissions on the hard drive and on the partition and nothing... Still the broken keyboard and trackpad. I then did an archive and install of new OS X onto the computer. This worked. So now Im back to using my computer with no issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.