• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My story with Applecare and my Apple Store

Reaction score
Thank you Apple.

My journey started out last Friday, when i experienced screen banding on my early 08 Macbook Pro. I booked an appointment for the next day. I take it in and show them the banding issues and they took it in for repairs.

After 4 days waiting for a replacement screen to come in, i get a call yesterday to pick it up.

I go today to pickup up my laptop and i test it out in the store. I noticed that the back light on the screen was not working. So they took it in again, and i was really frustrated at not having a laptop for a week because i really needed it for school. I remained calm and talked nicely to the employee.

I get a call about 30 minutes ago saying that they could not fix the issue. They tried replacing the screen again, logic board etc. Nothing fixed the issue.

AND THEY ARE REPLACING IT WITH A UNIBODY MACBOOK PRO.

I am going to pick it up tomorrow morning as they are doing data migration to the new laptop.

I LOVE YOU APPLE

dtx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum MB, 2.0, 2gb ram, 320gb hdd
awesome story and great experience! make me that much happier that I choose to get the $300 AppleCare!

Awesome job Apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I need something like this to happen to my Macbook before AppleCare runs out so that I can get the aluminum Macbook...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
I wasn't to optimistic when the story first started, but sounds like in the end, as with most Mac stories, there was a happy ending.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
As similar thing happened to me earlier this year with my PowerBook G4. The three-year technology bump was pretty nice.

OP
K
Reaction score
I just got back from the apple store, and i love my new laptop lol.

I don't know if this is a mistake or not, but they gave me the one with a 2.53 processor, 4 gig ddr3 ram, and a 320 gb hd. I had a 2.4 ghz with 2 gig ddr2 ram and 250 gb HD.

Looks like they upgraded it for me because they still have the other model available in Unibody

Im a happy camper no mater what, i love you apple.

OP
K
Reaction score
I am really liking the unibody more than my early 08 model

I notice the speed bump and the more ram

THANK YOU APPLE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Wow thats awesome kaybee! I bet the next time you buy a Mac you get Apple care again ;)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Very nice! Congrats!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.