Help! My Macbook pro is dying!

Reaction score
I really need some help. My macbook is making really weird noises.

I turned on the computer. It made a typical hard drive spinning sound. Then every second the same sound re-occurs. I have left it on for 20 minutes and it still makes that sound every second. The display is black like it is off. I am not really good with troubleshooting and so far no one has been able to help me. I have tried restarting pressing the mouse button, command, eject but nothing is working. When I hold down the mouse button while I restart it does stop making the sound but it still wont boot. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks, Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Pop in the install DVD and try and booit from that and if successful run Repair Disk. Sounds like the HDD is awfully, or even fatally, ill.

Reaction score
i had a similar issue, i just popped in the leopard cd and reinstalled it again on my mbp and now im on it and its running fine,..

OP
M
Reaction score
I tried this and it doesn't work. The disk goes in, spins, and stops. Sound like it is rubbing against something in the cd drive. The screen is still black. I know i'm going to have to send it in to Apple. ANy idea on how much a new HDD and cd drive are going to run me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Did you or someone else drop it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.