Itunes only runs in safe mode..help

Reaction score
When l switched my macbook on the other day my itunes wouldnt load up,it just bounces in the dock for a second then stops.l've never had any problems with it before.l have tried everything from re-installing to deleting apple intunes preference files and fixing disk permissions. it only starts up when l press option and command and it boots in itunes safe mode. does anyone know how to get it working properly? or the reason why it wont start?
l'm running mac osx 10.4.11 and had itunes 8.
any help would be great..thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you tries deleting the iTunes Library file (back it up first) and restoring your music list from the iTunes Library.xml back-up file ( file > library > Import library). Try it anyway, if iTunes boots up when this file is deleted, then that could be the problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
OP
S
Reaction score
thanks,tried everything there, after re-install l now just have a question mark in my dock.
can still boot it from apps into safe mode just dont understand why it wont load normally.
baffled.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.