Melted MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2.53GHz MacBook Pro 4Gb & MacBook 1.1 250Gb HDD Leopard 2Gb Ram
Unfortunately my mate upon returning home after a few days away came back to a melted MacBook, an electric blower heater was the culprit, his Mrs fell asleep whilst watching in bed OMG.

The battery is ruined but everything else seems to work. He lives in Greece and there are no Mac stores he can go to so he needs to order some parts and fix himself.

cimg5759.jpg

cimg5760.jpg

1. It looks like he needs a complete new chassis and keyboard, can anyone please recommend where to order, presuming these parts are available and how difficult it's going to be to fix.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
His best bet would be to order from somewhere in Europe, perhaps from a dealer in the UK. I can give you some links here in the US but with oversea shipping and the additional VAT charge, costs might be prohibitive.

Link.

Link.

Link.

Regards.

OP
TrickyNic
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2.53GHz MacBook Pro 4Gb & MacBook 1.1 250Gb HDD Leopard 2Gb Ram
His best bet would be to order from somewhere in Europe, perhaps from a dealer in the UK. I can give you some links here in the US but with oversea shipping and the additional VAT charge, costs might be prohibitive.

Link.

Link.

Link.

Regards.

Thanks for that. Yes maybe UK is better because of the crazy devaluation of the pound against the Euro. I will search for a reputable Mac repairer in the UK and give them a shout.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.