• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

HD Export in full 1080p using iMovie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 1GB RAM, 160GB HD, Intel Core Duo, 13" Display
Hey everyone,

I recently have bought an HD camcorder that records and plays back in full 1080p. I have already made acouple of movies with music, words and such. Whenever I export the movie in full 1080p 1920x1080 first it says it will take about 240 minutes then slowly builds up to like 720 mintues! I have cancelled it everytime just because it seems like it will never finish the export if it keeps climbing in a finish time.

So, what my question is, is, "Is there something wrong with what i'm doing, or does it really day like a day to export a 10 minute video in full HD quality."

Thanks.

OP
scottwparker
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 1GB RAM, 160GB HD, Intel Core Duo, 13" Display
I'm using iMovie from iLife'08 which I am told supports full HD res.
There is a 1920x1080 option under the quicktime export but it takes forever if ever like I said before....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.