Please explain iPhoto

Reaction score
First I would like to apologize if this has been asked and answered before.

Second, I would also like to apologize for my ignorance!

Third, I am a semi-new comer to the mac (that explains my complete lack of knowledge on the subject) :[

Fourth, Thank you for taking the time to answer htese questions!

I love to work with iPhoto, love its layouts, etc but could someone tell me exactly how it works?

1. How come, if I am in an event, I am able to adjust a picture (crop it, change its color, balance it, etc, etc) but I am not able to re-arrange them in any order I want (move it, let's say from fifth place to first place or last place)

2. Why can't I move an event the same way? I know this has to do with the dates of the event but should that matter?

3. I am very confused between an "event" and a "folder". I know that if I copy all the pictures from an event into a folder, I am able to organize the pictures however I want but isn't this double work? I mean why can't I do the same things I do in a folder, do them in an event?

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions!

Reaction score
Hard to explain all this in words. You can move a photo in any order you want just by dragging the photo. If you choose to "sort" the photos, by date, etc. when then all bets are off.

Look on Apple's website for some pretty good iPhoto tutorial videos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook running OSX Leopard.
yes, when looking at your events, click View>Sort Events>Manually. That should do what ur wanting...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.