Unable to use after shutting lid.

Reaction score
After shutting the lid to my 2007 Macbook Pro I then later re-opened it and found that the display was not showing on my TV (plugged in via DVI-HDMI). I tried unplugging my external HDD and TV but it still does not work, it seems to go into a constant state of sleep when ever it has power. I push the power button, I hear the Macs all to familiar booting sound, the front LED is lit but I can't see anything (I've tried using the dimmer to no avail) I am using Leopard by the way with the latest updates.

I tried resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) using Apple Portables: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) as a guide but it didn't work, and actually now my front LED is no longer turning on. After I closed the lid the LED went back on, then I hit the space bar a few times and tried to use the dimmers, nothing.

I will continue to fiddle with it in the hopes of getting to work.

OP
L
Reaction score
All better.

Well, thought I'd just drop by and let you all know that my first guess turned out to be right, the GPU crapped out and is now in the process of being replaced.

So, because of Apples amazing customer service (2-3days repair, in house at the apple store and it's free even though I'm off warranty) I am even more in love with them :p.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.