Application Problems

D

Double00Yogi

Hi all,

Just got my new ibook. I downloaded Windows Media Player to view movies for a class and I'm wondering why I can't delete the app. When I drag the application folder for Media Plyer to the trash and select either "empty trash" or "secure empty trash" it says that about a million and one (close enough) files are locked. I'm just looking for a solution to the problem. Thanks.

-Ben

Sorry if you get this a million and one times. I just couldn't find an exact replica of this question. I'm quite new to the iBook and thought it best not to just look around and mess with things.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you try rebooting OSX then deleting? Sounds like some files Media player uses are in use.

Dang Microsoft anyway! They even try to take over your Mac!!! :D

OP
D

Double00Yogi

Thanks for your help. Apparently all I had to do was turn off the "are you sure you want to delete the trash?" warning. I'm not sure why that affected deleting that stupid program so much. Oh well...anything resembling anything Microsoft is off my computer...forever.

-B

Reaction score
dtravis7 said:
Did you try rebooting OSX then deleting? Sounds like some files Media player uses are in use.

Dang Microsoft anyway! They even try to take over your Mac!!! :D

Hey Dennis you want to come over and stick some more pins in my Ms Voodoo doll....(G)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.