Time Capsule Signal Problems

Reaction score
This is my first time posting on this site so be gentle with my stupidity.
I have a 1TB Time Capsule and lately I've been having troubles with the wireless signal to my MacBook Pro.
It will work for a day or two and then it will stop sending out the wireless signal. My computer still recognizes the network on airport but it won't connect. When I unplug the capsule and plug it in again, I get a signal but it only lasts for another day or so. I've physically moved the capsule to other locations thinking it may be an interference problem but this hasn't seemed to help.
I have a desktop plugged into it through an ethernet cord and it's fine. It's just my MacBook Pro and my wife's MacBook that have the signal problem.
Any advice?

OP
V
Reaction score
Update

Well I've:

1. Physically moved the time capsule from room to room.
2. Changed the channel
3. Changed the security
4. reset the time capsule

Nothing seems to work. When I unplug the TC and plug it in again, I get wireless internet for about 15-30 minutes. Then it cuts out again and my MacBook doesn't recognize the TC anymore. I still have internet if I connect my computer to the TC with an ethernet cable but no wireless.

I know there are a lot of posts about TC wireless problems because I've read them all and none of the advice seems to work for me.

Is there anyone who can help or is this TC just a piece of expensive junk?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.