Trackpad goes screwy...

O

oldschool8604

Every now and then my trackpad will go really screwy, and start to move on its own...i'll move it to the left and itll quickly jump to the right, or vise versa...and even if i drag it and let go itll jump back

What else is very weird is that during these screwy phases, if i hold my finger about 4 or 5" above the trackpad, and move it...the mouse will slightly quiver on screen...and it will do it only when i move my finger.

Has anyone else had this annoying problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
oldschool8604 said:
Every now and then my trackpad will go really screwy, and start to move on its own...i'll move it to the left and itll quickly jump to the right, or vise versa...and even if i drag it and let go itll jump back

What else is very weird is that during these screwy phases, if i hold my finger about 4 or 5" above the trackpad, and move it...the mouse will slightly quiver on screen...and it will do it only when i move my finger.

Has anyone else had this annoying problem?

i just recently encountered this same exact problem last week. it was my first and only time so far within the 1.5 years i've owned my powerbook. i just hope this it doesn't happen again, b/c even after restarting my computer two times it still had the problem. luckily the third time worked. no idea why or how to fix it. i guess, restart your computer 3 times.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.