Monolingual Fears

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether i will still be able to translate non english web pages into other languages once i apply Monolingual and remove all other language commands for my Mac other than english ? I'm not even sureif the two are related........

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What do you mean by translating non English web pages into other languages?

If you use Monolingual to remove non English languages from applications you will still be able to see foreign language web pages in their original language.

However, Monolingual can be troublesome. A good example of it causing problems is if you use Office 2008 and try to apply updates after using Monolingual. Office 2008 will refuse to update and must be completely removed and reinstalled in order for updates to be applied.

I no longer use Monolingual. With today's large hard drives how much space are you really saving by using it? IMO, it's not worth it.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether i will still be able to translate non english web pages into English, once i apply Monolingual and remove all other language commands for my Mac other than english ? I'm not even sure if the two are related........
. Thanks

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for that, sorry about the mis-wording - i may as well leave it i guess but my new mac book only came with 160 Gb HD - i do however have an external 500 Gb HD so i guess wha you're saying makes sense.
Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.