itunes broken, got new machine, how deauthorize old itunes?

Reaction score
Hope somebody can help...I have a Mac Mini. After a few years of trouble-free use, and lots of music in my tunes library, all of a sudden I-Tunes wouldn't open. (Also couldn't open IDVD). In the meantime, I decided to get a new IMac because it's way more powerful and I wanna run Adobe CS4, and have more space, etc...But I never resolved the Itunes problem on my Mac Mini. Now I want to deauthorize that computer's Itunes so when I set up the new IMac there won't be another computer already registered to my Ipod, downloads, etc...But how can I do this if I can't get into Itunes on the Mini? Also, if I want to sell the Mini or give it away, I definitely want to wipe all authorizations out. Can I do this merely by reinstalling the original OS Install discs? Would this repair any problems with Itunes? And would I be able to then deauthorize it on that computer?

I'm not very computer savy, but can follow directions if they're specific.

Thanks.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks. So I see I can deauthorize the old computer without even having direct access to it. Great. I'll go ahead and wipe it clean now.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
FYI... I believe you can do the batch de-authorize only once every 365 days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Blue Hardshell Case
FYI... I believe you can do the batch de-authorize only once every 365 days.

Correct. Our family had to batch deauthorize 4 iTunes accounts, and you have to wait one full year, as stated above, to batch deauthorize again.

So just be careful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.