Free Usenet Client?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 15-inch, 2.4 ghz, 250 gb Hard drive, 2 GB of 1066 mgz Ram
Can anyone tell me of a free and easy to use Usenet Client? I tried MT Watcher and could not figure out where to put in my server/password/login info. Same with another client I tried. Maybe it is just me, I don't know. I've spent a lot of time on the phone with Apple. <sigh>

Tallulah:'(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Usenet client like an application which can access newsgroups via NNTP?

If that's what you're looking for, the best and easiest one to use is Mozilla Thunderbird for OS X. It's free and works well. I use it everyday to access FIDO net via NNTP on several public BBS'.

Mozilla Thunderbird download from here.

One note... Thunderbird is also an excellent email client, however, if you wish to use it only for Usenet, set it up that way. In other words, skip the email settings.

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 15-inch, 2.4 ghz, 250 gb Hard drive, 2 GB of 1066 mgz Ram
Thank you, I will give it a try. I take it that it is as easy to setup as Thunderbird/Netscape news server thingy is? I hope so.

Again, thanks so much. I finally got MT to work but boy, it is not easy...it's all in separate parts!

T.:Blushing:

Usenet client like an application which can access newsgroups via NNTP?

If that's what you're looking for, the best and easiest one to use is Mozilla Thunderbird for OS X. It's free and works well. I use it everyday to access FIDO net via NNTP on several public BBS'.

Mozilla Thunderbird download from here.

One note... Thunderbird is also an excellent email client, however, if you wish to use it only for Usenet, set it up that way. In other words, skip the email settings.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.