OS 8 Resetting the PRAM?Force disabling the Firmware password

Reaction score
I am trying to force disable the firmware password protection (i dont know the password and the person who sold it to me doesnt either) and i have heard that changing the RAM and then resetting the PRAM x 3 will disable it.. so far i have took out some ram on my G3 (OLD) and now im trying to reset the PRAM..what keys are used to do that on a WINDOWs Keyboard??and also, how will i know if i did it properly??I've been trying a few combos (alt+ctrl,alt+windows,alt+ctrl)

ps.any tips or other methods?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
its command option P R

So on a Windows keyboard you will need to press Alt, Start, P and R on startup, that's four keys pressed in total

OP
N
Reaction score
its command option P R

So on a Windows keyboard you will need to press Alt, Start, P and R on startup, that's four keys pressed in total

Thanks i just tried that there but it doesnt seem to be working.. I don't think its letting me delete the PRAM... it just ignores the keys i press unless i press command (alt) and C in which case i still get asked for a pword ..anybody know why this could be?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.