using boot camp with VM Fusion

Reaction score
I installed VM Fusion a few months ago, then unistalled it because it was having problems. I installed Boot Camp (which has worked perfectly) but today I decided to install VM Fusion again. However, I can't get it to use my boot camp partition. I'd like to share the same disc for both VM Fusion and Boot Camp if possible.

It gives me this error message when I try to start up my Boot Camp partition from VM Fusion: Cannot open the disk '/Users/jakeatwood/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/Virtual Machines/Boot Camp/%2Fdev%2Fdisk0/Boot Camp partition.vmwarevm/Boot Camp partition.vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on. Reason: The partition table on the physical disk has changed since the disk was created. Remove the physical disk from the virtual machine, then add it again.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I'm guessing the partition from Boot Camp is a windows filesystem? ntfs probably, and by default, mac can't read that?? just a guess :(

Reaction score
The reason is you can't open a Boot Camp partition from within Fusion. Have you created a virtual machine in Fusion (i.e., install Fusion, open it, select "new" from the Library screen or drop down menus). Fusion will automatically detect your BC partition and offer to create a virtual machine from it. Then, you'll be able to use Windows both ways - either booting into it, or in a VM from within OSX.

Does that make sense?

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook unibody 4Gb/500HD
Hello! I've a similar problem with bootcamp and vmware. I'll show you by images. No result reinstalling Fusion... I can't find any other pref or so related to vmware/bootcamp to delete... I reinstalled Vista in bootcamp using again bootcamp utility, but the same: I can't delete "bootcamp damaged partition" (the new bootcamp refuses to see ethernet, persisting the other document, I guess...
Please note: 1)Vista on bootcamp works perfectly booting win! 2) launching the damaged vmware bootcamp partition it says trying to repair but soon OSX collapses with the bad grey curtain asking for reboot...

thanks for help
Piero

2jdpgfl.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.