macbook accident. Anyone have any suggestions? thanks!

Reaction score
Hey there everybody! I am having a big problem with my mac and I would appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Today I dropped my Macbook (white MacBook bought mid 2007 with leopard installed) and now I am having big problems. The OS will load but it will not allow me to do anything at all. Every 30-45 seconds it will go to the blue screen and then the OS will reload but still, it will not allow me to open any applications, not even a finder window.

I would put in my disc it came with to run the disk utility but it seems the optical drive does not work either.

I realize that the hard drive has probably been affected but what is interesting is the windows portion of the computer (XP via bootcamp) is still working and works perfectly. Do you guys have any suggestions you could try and can anyone tell me if this is a hardware problem or just a disk error? Thank you so much for your help everyone I really appreciate it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
It seems like you have definitely ruined the optical drive or the connection was messed with during the fall. If the windows partition works flawlessly as you say then the hard drive and major components of your computer could be alright. Some of the data on the Mac side of the hard drive partition could have been corrupted or damaged in the fall and the windows side is ok, but because you don't have a working cd/dvd drive you cannot reload the operating system.

I would take it to the apple store and have them look at it, but you could be in fairly good shape if the only thing ruined was the optical drive and some corrupted data.

Reaction score
If you have another-mac-try Target disc

This-will-allow-you-to-see-what's-up-with-the-hd..

spilled-coffee-on-keyboard.....no-space-bar:Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.