NAS lacie network space serving media to PS3

Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently bought a 1Tb lacie network space with the aim of storing my 100Gb+ of music on it so that I can wirelessly play it through my PS3 (which is connected to my stereo) ALSO so that i can use it as a media server to iTunes.

The iTunes section works fine, after a little time all the tracks are loaded into itunes and eureka! freshly served tunes : )

I can then broadcast my tunes to the PS3 by using my G5/macbook. Nice.

The problem arises when I try to just use the NAS as a server directly to my PS3 - it picks up the drive fine (as a media server) but when i try to search for tracks it says there are no tracks/files etc : (

I've googled till my fingers bleed with no luck...is there anyone who can help?

Cheers!

Tom

Reaction score
Same Problem

Same problem!
1TB Lacie NAS, lan to minimac - itunes finds music no problems
NAS to PS3 via powerlan - lacie is recognised but no files are available
any ideas?

Reaction score
Found the answer!
You need to reset the Network Space drive
Lokk here
My PS3 now sees all files!

Reaction score
Hi
Just bought the networkspace 1TB. There's no way to get it to work with itunes (on a macbook as well as on a windows pc). when I click the shared library it seems to be loading, but after a few seconds it stops and gets me to my library.
Which version of itunes do you use? Had any similar issues?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, OS X 10.5.2
Hi
Just bought the networkspace 1TB. There's no way to get it to work with itunes (on a macbook as well as on a windows pc). when I click the shared library it seems to be loading, but after a few seconds it stops and gets me to my library.
Which version of itunes do you use? Had any similar issues?

Hi, I found this thread through Google. I have exactly the same problem. I click on shared and after about a minute of seeming to load it stops and shows me my music library.

If anyone finds a solution, please post back and let us know.

Reaction score
Same problem

Hi, I found this thread through Google. I have exactly the same problem. I click on shared and after about a minute of seeming to load it stops and shows me my music library.

If anyone finds a solution, please post back and let us know.

I got the same problem too, maybe iTunes needs more time to load the library.
That thought came up this moment, will test it tonight with less music...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, OS X 10.5.2
Just bumping this thread. Still hoping there is a solution to the LaCie vs. iTunes issue.

Reaction score
how i fixed this problem

I found that it was a number of mp3s in my sizeable collection that was causing the itunes server to crash. I remedied this by going through my entire library and identifying mp3s with errors (such as frame errors) and fixing every one which had a problem using a freeware tool (cant remember the name of it off the top of my head).

This problem caused me no end of trouble as I tried everything else i could... Fixing the many hundred 'problem' mp3s was the only thing that worked out so definitly try it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.