Best way to mirror these?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
here is my setup. Two macally external Esata drives, both with 1.5TB hard drives in them.

Id like to constantly use one of them, while turning the second on to only backup the first one.

I see in disk util that there is a mirror feature, which I have explored. It seems to have to rebuild the entire drive each time the backup is turned on, and slow too...25MB/s max.

Now, I know the drives do transfers of 100MB/s plus to eachother. Do I have any other automatic options here? I could purchase super duper, but that would just clone the primary to secondary.

?

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
ive been reading up on CarbonCopyCloner, and it looks like itll function the way i need something to.

Reaction score
you could set up a Raid 1 setup witch will result in an exact mirror all the time. You can see how to do it here The new drive should build once and after that be totally transparent.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.