messenger apps os x 10.5.6

Reaction score
Hello
I don't appear to be able to use any of the messenger apps. I suspect that my understanding is broken, but so far I have failed to get msn messenger 7.01, amsn, mercury or adium to work.

Am I just being a tool?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
When you say that you're unable to get them to work, what exactly is precluding you from doing so? Are you getting an error message of some sort? Having difficulty with the actual install process? Having trouble setting up your account? A little more information would help a ton.

OP
J
Reaction score
My passport account is fine, I can download all the apps fine. MSN messenger tells me it can't log in with the error message that the service is not available or I am not connected to the internet, aMsn runs and lets me log in, but then spends the rest of the time connecting to something (sorry can't remember what), mercury starts to log in then does nothing else and adium opens but has no contacts and doesn't ask me to log in

OP
J
Reaction score
If anybody can offer any assistance, it would be greatfully received.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.