• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Great customer service at Apple Store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3" 2.4 Ghz Stock
To me this is great because I am brand new to Apple

Just bought iWork 08 last week....the same day they announced iWork 09...wasn't to happy but oh well....so today I was in the Apple store doing a one to one and told the girl helping me about me buying 08 and she told me to ask for a manager...well after a one to one I talked to another associate and he said "Oh sure just bring back your 08 and we will do a even retail exchange with no extra charge to you" He said since they never know when they have new product out they do this for people who buy things within 30 days of something new being released..

For everyone that is used to Apple service and know this great...but for someone who is new like myself appreciates these things a million times more and wants to stay with this company a million times more

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Cool, thanks for sharing. :Cool:

dtx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum MB, 2.0, 2gb ram, 320gb hdd
great experience! Makes me glad I made the jump to Apple!
I just bought my macbook last week and I asked about iLife upgrade when it ships shortly. They told me to come back when it's in stores, and they'll upgrade me for free!
Awesome service from an awesome company!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Wow. That is really good of them, I wonder if I'll be able to get iLife 09 for free with my Mac Pro. Ordered it yestarday with iLife 08.

I had excellent an excellent experience with there support - replacement product arrived next day over the new year period. In a crazy way that made me just upgrade to the Mac Pro, I know I'm never going back to a PC now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.