Is this config sufficient for what I need?

Reaction score
Hi guys. I could really use your help. Like I've said in my previous post, I'm a newb to this website and to Apple. I want to make the jump but I'm having a little bit of trouble deciding and determining if the MacBook I want will be sufficient for what I want to do. That's where your guys come in. Hopefully someone can help.

I'm interesrted in getting a 15in MacBook Pro with 2.8ghz processor and 4 gb of RAM. Will this be sufficient to edit photos and videos (from AVCHD camcorder) without lag or significant amount of lag? I'm not a professional photographer or anything like that but I would like to be able to have a computer that can sifficiently handle the editing tasks especially with the HD video editing. I would want to get the MacBook Pro with the Final Cut Express 4 and Aperture 2.

Any thoughts, recommendations, suggestions, and/or comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I think this will be sufficient as I'm running the 2.4Ghz model with 4Gb RAM and HD footage runs very well on Premiere CS4.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I use Aperture 2 on a 2.33 and so far have no issues with it either. Don't do any video stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.