Photoshop CS2 problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
slot imac700 with external DVD
Currently using 10.5.6 on an emac 1.25, 768 sdram with 150Gb.

I have been using PS 2 for ages to improve my photos from a Pentax camera without any problems. All of a sudden, when opening a pic downloaded from the camera, I am getting a message:-

EMBEDDED PROFILE MISMATCH
The document "..............jpg" has an embedded colour profile that does not match the current RGB working space.
Embedded sRGB IEC61966-2.1
Working : Monitor RGB - Apple RGB

What would you like to do?
1) Use the embedded profile (instead of working space)
2) Convert documents colours to the working space
3) Discard the embedded profile (don't colour manage)

So far I have converted the pics one at a time without difficulty but it adds an extra process to it all. Why am I getting this message and how can I get rid of it??

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks
Geoff Coulson:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can either use the embedded profile or the working space, try both using one image, in all likelihood there will be no diffrence

The message is just part of Photoshops color handling, which may be important to prepess houses and professional photographers, but may not be critical to you

You can set how Photoshop handles this in the Edit menu > Color Settings

(turn off the ask when opening buttons)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
slot imac700 with external DVD
Many thanks for your reply.
Have gone into edit/colour settings and unticked the Profile mismatches box...this has done the trick.....checked the quality of the pic...seems ok.
Strange tho, as I have had the camera for 4 years, been on 10.5 14 months and running CS2 for 2 years with no problem. Oh well....sorted now altho it would have been nice to know why it happened.
Thanks
Geoff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.