I'Work 05 Word Document Creation/Compatibility?

A

albertwesker

Hi all, I apologize for asking this question if the answer has been posted already. I have done some research yet still could not find the answer.

Regarding I'Work 05, I noticed the descriptions mention backwards compatibility with Word documents.

I am somewhat confused. Can you actually "create" Word documents with the "Page" software in I'Work 05? or is it you can only open/view them?

The reason I ask is because a full version of Office 2004 seems to be anywhere from $149.99 to $350.00, while a full version of I'Work 05 is about $49.99.

My main reason for getting the program would be for Word document creation/functionality.

Which should I get? Office 2004, or I'Work 05? I do not use Excel at all, but use Word extensively.

Thankyou all for the time spent reading this , and your replies are much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yes, full backwards compatibility. iwork also has keynote 2, same sorta app as powerpoint, but by apple and way better, it can export to pdf, qt movie, webpage, and powerpoint presentation.

OP
A

albertwesker

Macman said:
yes, full backwards compatibility. iwork also has keynote 2, same sorta app as powerpoint, but by apple and way better, it can export to pdf, qt movie, webpage, and powerpoint presentation.

Macman, thankyou for the reply. SOrry to ask this again in a different form , but to clarify I CAN create actual Word documents and not just manipulate them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
albertwesker said:
Macman, thankyou for the reply. SOrry to ask this again in a different form , but to clarify I CAN create actual Word documents and not just manipulate them?

Yes, you can create documents in Word format. However, if iWork functions as AppleWorks does, the compatibility isn't always 100% both ways. Often times fonts, spacing, and formatting aren't identical when a document is created in Word and opened in AppleWorks, or vice versa. If you are looking for 100% compatibility and work with Word documents frequently, I would strongly suggest investing in Office Mac. I continue to use AppleWorks for most projects, but if I need to create or work with an MS Office document, I use Office.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.