MacBook doesn't wake-up after closing/opening

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

I'm new to the forum. I recently made the switch from PC to Mac and couldn't be more content. Unfortunately, I encountered a pretty serious glitch today. When I close my Macbook, it goes in standby or sleep mode... whatever it does to save the battery life. Then when I go to reopen my laptop for use, the working light at the base goes off and screen stays black. It also sounds like the system goes on complete sleep mode or something. The first couple times this happened, I held down the power button and the screen came back up, but with the screen blurred out intentionally and a loading bar at the bottom. Once the loading bar finishes, the screen returns to normal. However, now when I try this method the computer simply shuts down.

Any ideas of what is going on? I have no idea what might have caused this to happen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.