G4 Problem booting up!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!
Well I've got my buddies G4 Sawtoothe, and I had to fix the processor, well now I'm having a problem with the computer booting up. The computer would boot up before, but now nothing is going on. The light on the Logic Board comes on, and the processor is running. I've tried booting from a CD, but nothing happens. Does anybody know another way to boot up the computer from the cd that will work? Also the processor is upgraded, I bought it awhile ago, and i think it's a 1.6 ghz, I sold the computer to my buddy.

But if anybody has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Help me please!!!

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how did you fix a processor?? I'm sure you've hit the cuda/pram button...

Provided your pram battery is good, try starting it in target disc mode and repair the drive on another Mac via 6 pin to 6pin firewire cord.

OP
HmmIsee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!
Well first off, I don't know what my buddy did, kind of looked like he took a hammer and started beating the crap out of the processor: He had two capacitors that he broke off, so needless to say i had to solder two brand new ones.

But I have the computer running now, i'm installing Tiger on it as we speak, I'll just update everyone on anymore issues I have. Thanks for the advice also man, I'll keep that in mind if all else fails.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Struth!!!!!!! He ain't a buddy.

To boot from the install DVD/CD pop it in, reboot and hold down 'C' immediately after it chimes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.