Anyone receive a 12" powerbook yet?

J

jbsengineer

I just sold my current 12" powerbook online at ebay today. I got it new last week so I got what i paid... (almost)

So i ordered a new 12" model with a superdrive(had the combo before). The estimated SHIP is on or before tuesday.

Anyone receive a 12" new model yet? Dead pixels?

Plus how are apple's estimated ship times?? I usually pick up in the apple store.

Josh

OP
P

Phiber

Hah, I was wondering if you were kicking yourself. You've not had much luck with your laptop purchasing, have you?

OP
J

jbsengineer

Phiber said:
Hah, I was wondering if you were kicking yourself. You've not had much luck with your laptop purchasing, have you?

haha... i was wondering if anyone would catch that i've gone through 3 laptops in the past 2 weeks.

no i really haven't. I'm crossing my fingers the one i ordered yesterday does not arrive with dead pixels... pppppp please

OP
M

meltbanana314

I've had mine for a few minutes. I love it. :mac:

No dead pixels.

OP
J

jbsengineer

meltbanana314 said:
I've had mine for a few minutes. I love it. :mac:

No dead pixels.

how long did it you to get it? well for apple to actually ship it?

Josh

p.s. i'm anxious

OP
M

meltbanana314

I picked mine up at the Apple store, actually. I called an hour before I got there and they said they had plenty in stock.

Reaction score
do you guys run final cut pro on it? is it a bit too small to work with on a 12 inch screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
Xarthan said:
do you guys run final cut pro on it? is it a bit too small to work with on a 12 inch screen?

I use final cut pro on my G5 and I'll be getting my 12" powerbook delivered in a week or two. The way I see it working on a 12" screen isn't the issue; I would say do the specs meet the intensity of video editing you intend to do?

OP
J

jbsengineer

wahoo. my new pb was supposed to go out "on or before the 8th" it shipped today from shanghi... WAHOO!!

OP
J

Jason

I played with the new PowerBooks today at the Apple store, pretty sweet! I think I'm going to go with the 12" with SuperDrive :D

OP
J

jbsengineer

Jason said:
I played with the new PowerBooks today at the Apple store, pretty sweet! I think I'm going to go with the 12" with SuperDrive :D

it's a beatiful machine i'll tell you. if you get the Tucano case like i have. It's just SOO freaking portable. tonight i visited some friends about an hour away. put my powerbook in the tucano sleeve. and put the tiny power supply in my pocket. they thought i was carrying a book in to the house. it was great. (everyone had the googly eyes when i showed then expose with 15 windows open...eeehhhh ahhhhhhh)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
i orderd my 12" superdrive pbook on sunday night.. its on its way - i should get probably later this week or early next week... being shipped from suzhou - somewhere in china??

anywho, it's my first mac : )

OP
C

code777

hmmm, went to the apple store in my area and they have NO powerbooks in stock. i don't get it! are they selling this fast? The only one they have is ONE 15" model with combo drive.

plenty of iBooks but no powerbooks or mac minis...

OP
M

myjay610

Xarthan said:

I use Final Cut on my 12" for a lot of editing things and it gets the job done fine -- when I need somre more space I just split screen it. My 12" has enough juice to get er done.

John

Reaction score
Final cut pro on my 12" is fine as well. I've only had it about 2 months. I'm in Toronto though but ordered from Apple.ca and had it in 3 days. I paid the extra $19 for expedited shipping or whatever it was though. It came from California.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
i just got mine yesterday night.. sadly there's a chip on the back of the computer and this weird blob (it doens't exactly look like a scratch) on the hinge release button when i got it..

and i dunno why the fan is always on.. and the super driver for some reason i have to manually push the cd almost all the way in before the drive feeds it in itslef (i have to push it all the way till there's only 1" of space left and *GRRRRR* *poof*)

i dunno, this is my first mac.. other than the fan and the slot drive - i'm pretty happy with the 12" pbook.. i'm going to get apple to exchange my "scratched" pbbook later this week

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.