Importing Address Book

Reaction score
I have copied my Address Book from my ibook (OS 10.5) to my imac OS 10.4.11), however I cannot seem to then import this information into my Address Book on my imac. The message i get is "the file you selected does not appear to be a valid comma separated values (csv) file nor a valid tab delimited file, please choose another file."

Can anyone help otherwise I'll have to type in ALL the details again and I'm sure there must be an import option that I've missed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
have you selected all recipients in your address book and exported as vcards. If you didnt, do this, then copy to your iMac address book

Reaction score
Address book in Leopard (10.5) is different from Address book in Tiger (10.4), and as with other software, NOT backward compatible - ie, you can import your data from 4 to 5, but not the reverse, as you wish. I think that's your problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.