Cell phone ring notification.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
I have an interesting request.

I am looking for a program that can sense when my cell phone, or more likely ANY cell phone within range rings.

My reason: I am often on my laptop and have my cell phone in my pocket when I need to be quiet and therefore my phone is in my pocket on silent. I am looking for a simple app that will detect when a phone is ringing within range of the laptop, and just gives me a simple popup such as "phone is ringing" so I can at least just check to see if it was maybe mine.

I know cell phones can cause interference with wireless mice and Wi-Fi so I figure it would be possible to sense this interference and make an app out of it. Is this at all possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
There might be a Bluetooth solution out there, but I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I would be most appalled if there was readily available an app that could detect "any" cell phone that was ringing. But pairing your phone to your computer does allow for a lot of options. Here's one promising solution:
BluePhoneElite

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" alluminum MacBook Pro 2.53
I would something like that as well. the link above would be great if it had a 30 day trial

OP
TheInvsbleMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
Thank you lifeisabeach + rep to you. I was simply looking for a program to just give me a notification if it detected a wireless signal, something very crude. This program does MUCH more than that and works very well, I have just aquired the full version of it. Thank you!

Jpics, the link posted includes a download link with a 14 day free trial.

rb2

Reaction score
Just downloaded it.. great app really..

Having some issues when handsfree is enabled.. I was looking for functionality as in post #1, and it does that without a hitch.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
+1 for this link Endless. This looks like a cool program. Not a big phone user but even if I don't use this I will look like a genius for suggesting it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.