spyware help....

Reaction score
should i be concerned AT ALL about spyware on my mac and if so are there any free apps outt hewe i should know about?

OP
M
Reaction score
spyware removal?

should i be concerned AT ALL about spyware on my mac and if so are there any free apps outt hewe i should know about?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No, you should not be concerned. Please quit double posting the same question. It is not needed at all and is frowned upon in this forum.

Most of the regulars use the following screen, and as you can see, we don't need the question posted twice.
Those that can and want to help, will see your question.
Some will not help only because it's been posted twice.

Picture 4.png

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There are a couple of trojans out there, but no real executable spyware to speak of.

The best tool you can use (and it's free) is your brain. If you are casually using the Internet and you come upon a point where you are prompted to install something to continue (particularly if you're asked to give your administrator password), ponder these questions:

1. Do I know exactly why I need to install this?
2. Do I know and trust the source of this program?

If the answer to one or both is no, then you should not install it.

By following this rule of thumb, you will likely never encounter any kind of security threat.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well said, bobtomay. Threads merged.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.