sims 2 on mac? tips pls.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.0ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD + 1TB External HD
Hi since I'm just a new user of macbooks, i'm wondering if I could play sims 2 (deluxe, double deluxe, etc) on my macbook? Or do I have to do bootcamp and stuffs? I have the new aluminum macbook 2.0ghz, do you think it can play sims2 flawlessly? Or does it require other hardwares,etc?

I'm just scared that I might damage or something my macbook (since this is my first mac ^^) and I wanted to buy and install bundles of sims 2 for mac (11 of em)

any suggestions/tips? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
There is a Mac version of Sims 2 which is OK, but in my opinion the Windows version looks and runs better. Also not all of the expansion packs released to date for Windows have made it to the Mac. I would recommend using Boot Camp to play.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
my sis plays the sims 2 even on the intel graphics in her white macbook ... the only time she said it ran slower was when it started to rain :D

but u got the new aluminium macbook? thats got the 9400 card, so ...

i tried running it in my mbp just using the nvidia 9400 card and it runs smoothly (everything on high and 1440x900) .. I think it looks exactly the same as on windows

i mean, the objects are all made in Maya so it's the same, the developers didn't have to rewrite the application to render everything again... it's exactly the same

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.