G5 front USB port not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
I have a PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8. I received my Ipod Shuffle and I plugged it directly into the front USB port. The first few days I did not have any trouble. Then I went into the Ipod settings to divide it so half would be songs, the other half for other data. It mounted it and I could drag my other data into it. I went to eject it when I was done and I just got the pinwheel. It just stayed like that. I couldn't log off or restart. I had to power down and power back on. Now anything I plug into my front USB port it does not do anything. I tried the rear and keyboard usb ports, they work fine. I have a camera, jump drive that now do not work in the front usb port. Thanks for the help :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
have you tried opening system profiler while something is plugged in to it and see if it registers that anything is there? also try resetting the pram. when you say powered down, how did you power down?

OP
captainstabbin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
i did not go into the system profiler yet, I will check that out. I held the power button down until it powered off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
thats good, some people usually just pull the plug.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.