software update doesnt work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, MAC OS X 10.4.11
hi

whenever i try the software update on my macbook it doesnt work.
my computer found available updates for my computer but when its downloading the software a red exclamation mark shows up next to the program name and i receive a message "none of the checked updates could be installed. software update could not expand the package correctly" updates for some things work, in this case now these ones dont work

- java for mac OS X 10.4, release 7 version 1.0
- quick time version 7.5.5
- airport extreme update 2008-002 version 1.0

what is wrong?

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue with the OS X v. 10.5.6 update. It needs a restart, so it restarts, but never comes back on, it's just at the "Configuring System" screen with hardly anything done, and it stays there for 1-2 hours before I hard restart the system. any help with my issue as well?

Reaction score
check folder /Libiary/Updates/ to learn which step goes wrong, a downloading problem or an installation problem?

or you can remove the old version of the sick softwares and reinstall them again.

hope helps.

hi

whenever i try the software update on my macbook it doesnt work.
my computer found available updates for my computer but when its downloading the software a red exclamation mark shows up next to the program name and i receive a message "none of the checked updates could be installed. software update could not expand the package correctly" updates for some things work, in this case now these ones dont work

- java for mac OS X 10.4, release 7 version 1.0
- quick time version 7.5.5
- airport extreme update 2008-002 version 1.0

what is wrong?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, MAC OS X 10.4.11
thanks. i checked but dont have the folder "updates" in my library... i dont know toooooo much about mac in terms of technical things...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.